Small Kitchen Tweaks to Update Your Design Without Renovating
Not everyone has the time, budget or patience to get their whole kitchen renovated at once. It can be a big and daunting task to tackle the whole thing and, unless you have a reason to knock the entire reno in one go, it’s wise to tackle it in stages.
Before committing to a full-scale kitchen renovation, there are some small tweaks you can make to test the waters and be gentler on your budget. You never know – these small updates may be just what you need to reinvigorate your space and fall back in love with your kitchen.
Updating window furnishings
If you’ve got large windows (or even if they’re on the smaller side), they can grab the attention of anyone who walks in the room. That’s great if you love your window furnishings – not so much if they’re in sore need of an update.
If your curtains or blinds are looking worse for wear, update them with a set of venetian or roller blinds. Keep them neutral toned and minimal to stay on trend, or choose a colourful option to express your personality.
A new stove and oven
Breathe new life into your cooking experience by updating your stove or oven – it’s simple to do (with professional installation) and it can feel like you’re cooking in a whole new kitchen. After all, most of our time in the kitchen is centred around these two appliances!
When choosing your new stove and oven, look for a range of features that suit your style of cooking:
- Induction cooktops help you set precise temperatures – and are cool to the touch as soon as you take the pan off, meaning no more accidents
- Side-by-side ovens allow you to cook two separate elements at different temperatures, saving you an enormous amount of time
- Smart ovens are designed to let you control your oven remotely (preheat it on the way home from work, for instance!) and cook more precisely, with advanced air circulation, use of steam and easy-clean functionality.
Think about what’s important to you in your cooking and choose the appliances to suit.
Cabinets – cupboard doors and handles
Nothing dates a kitchen more than unsightly handles and peeling paint on the front of the cupboards. Instantly give your kitchen a facelift by updating your cabinets. There are several ways to do this and you can choose one or all, depending on how much time, energy and money you want to commit.
- Install brand new doors in front of existing cabinetry
- Paint wooden doors in a fresh new colour (or keep it the same colour – even a new coat of the same shade can work wonders in modernising your look)
- Just put it new handles – scour vintage stores for unique finds, or source modern handles to give your space an uplift
If you’re happy with the size of your cabinets, you can spend a bit more money at this stage choosing the right components for you. However, if you’re planning on updating the size of your cabinets in the future, don’t spend too much time or budget on this step.
No matter the size of your upcoming project, Apollo Kitchens would love to help you update your kitchen. Get in touch with us today.